Released on 2023-05-18.
NOTE: The Windows version has been withdrawn, due to crashes relating to copy-pasting. These issues are in the underlying Gtk/Gdk UI libraries. There is currently no estimate for a fixed version being available, please use 1.4.x versions under Windows in the meantime.
- NoWeatherStop patch by @End45:
- "Changes weather damage messages so they don't make the player stop running."
- This patch is applied automatically.
Improvements: All of these are thanks to @End45.
- The default quiz questions and chapter titles have been updated thanks the SkyTemple Discord community.
- The test dungeon is no longer unlocked by default.
- The "2 Rooms, 1 Monster House" layout can no longer randomly occur in dungeons.
- The maze-room floor chance randomization is now between 0-10% from previously 0-100%.
- The spawn weight of the food item category has been increased.
- The default monster house chance has been lowered to 0-6% from 0-10%.
- The weather randomization has been changed:
- The chance of non-clear weather per floor can now be controlled directly.
- Some UI elements have been changed to more clearly explain what they are doing. The size of the "Randomize" button has been increased.
- If the ROM should somehow exceed it's assigned maximum file size, the cartridge size in the header is now updated, making the ROM still work on original hardware.
UnusedDungeonChancePatchhas been renamed to
UnusedDungeonChanceand updated by @End45 to fix situations where it could lead to un-completable room layouts.
- Pokémon forms marked with "invalid" gender will no longer show up in the pool of randomized Pokémon
- Sprites should no longer glitch out in game when sprites are downloaded. The sprite file size table is now updated to contain the correct information.
Important changes for Windows users:
- The minimum operation version supported is now Windows 10.
- There is no longer a 32bit release.
- Users are recommended to uninstall previous versions before installing this one.
Technical background: The app is now built using MSVC and GTK & Python for MSVC, instead of relying on MSys2 MingW. See also the
BUILDING_WINDOWS.md document for more info.